A lot of us depend on caffeine to maintain our working capacity. Coffee not only boosts our energy but also calms us down on slower days. A few sips at the start of a working day are enough to revitalize our body and mind. Then, chanting carpe diem in our heads, we become determined to conquer our day by striking the ball straight into the goal post of our to-do list.
Making coffee, as well as drinking it, is a pleasurable and therapeutic experience. Many coffee lovers prefer to buy their coffee makers rather than making repeated trips to an expensive cafe since the aroma emanating from the beans brings them joy. Read the rest of the article to learn about the best coffee makers for under 100$.
1. Mr. Coffee Easy 12 Cup Programmable Digital Coffee Maker
Mr. Coffee is a well-known brand of automatic coffee makers that has been manufacturing low-cost, reliable coffee makers since 1972. This 12-cup programmable coffee maker is one of the company’s most promising innovations. The device has been designed in such a way that it can adapt to new technology. In addition, this programmable coffee maker is quite popular among consumers due to its easy handling and maintenance.
Mr. Coffee’s easy 12 Cup Programmable Digital Coffee Maker comes with a built-in filtration system to remove ions and other hazardous substances from the water. It has inbuilt measuring scoops and a 12 cup coffee pot capacity. Brew Later is a function that allows the user to schedule the brewing time. Moreover, the ‘Grab a Cup’ auto-pause function lets you pause the brewing and pour yourself a cup.
- Enhanced taste due to the in-built filtration system
- Color-coded measuring options
- A freshness indicator
- Auto shut-off after 4 hours
- Compact design
- Brewing capacity of 12 cup coffee grounds
- The narrow water gauge becomes challenging to read because of the steam
- Not feasible for left-handed people
2. Krups Personal Café Grind Drip-maker Coffee Grinder
Krups is a German-based company that manufactures small kitchen appliances. Founded in 1846, the company supplies its products across Europe, the US, and Canada. It has a comprehensive catalog that ranges from coffee grinders to espresso machines and iced coffee makers. Customers often say that Krups appliances last for years with proper maintenance.
Also known as the Bean to Cup system, Krups Personal Café Grind Drip-maker Coffee Grinder creates a flavor-rich coffee cup. The coffee maker comes with a built-in grinder and a variety of grinding options. Ranging from fine to coarsely ground beans, it grinds both coffee beans and pre-grounds. In the next part of the process, it brews the coffee. You can disassemble the parts for washing and cleaning.
- A 2-in-1 device capable of grinding and brewing the coffee
- Stainless steel brewing basket
- Elegant design
- Keeps the coffee warm for 30-minutes
- Automatic turn-off after 30 minutes
- Coffee spoons for measuring the grounds
- Easy to dismantle for washing
- The coffee leaks out if the chamber is filled to the brim
- A long grinding and brewing time of 9 minutes
3. BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
BUNN is a US-based company that has been manufacturing appliances for home and commercial use since 1957. Offering up to three years of warranty, it produces some of the most reliable coffee makers available on the market. The company also provides gourmet foods put together by brilliant artisans in the US.
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew brews a whole pot of coffee, which is enough for 4-10 cups. It’s one of the fastest coffee makers on the market, brewing coffee in only three minutes. It weighs 8 lbs. and has a stainless steel faceplate that stays heated, allowing you to serve your coffee at the perfect temperature. The head showers have a multi-stream spray to run water on the grounds evenly. Finally, the installed proprietary lid and the spout design ensure a drip-free carafe.
- Short brewing time
- A drip-free carafe
- Tall filters to prevent overflow
- Brews ten coffee cups in a short time
- Three-year warranty
- The measuring line on the handle makes it hard to read the water level
- You have to drain the basket before every brew
- Some steam gets out before the pot is set on the burner
4. Braun Kf6050wh Brew Sense
The German company Braun manufactures a variety of electrical appliances and consumer goods. The company is well-known for assembling products with sleek designs. Considering healthcare and prioritizing customer satisfaction, it produces kitchen appliances with effective filters to draw out impurities.
The Braun Brew Sense is a programmable coffee maker with an automatic shut-off feature. As a result, the device brews coffee with the most enticing aroma by minimizing the air exposure inside the chamber.
It provides the option of a whole pot or 1-4 cups. The machine comes with a glass carafe along with seals and gold-tone filters that retain the essence of coffee. The charcoal filter removes impurities from the water. Moreover, the PureFlavor feature increases the coffee seasoning, filling the atmosphere with the brewed coffee scent.
- Brewing can be scheduled for 24 hours
- Elegant design
- A charcoal filter to purify water of any hardness level
- Mid-brew pause function
- Water level indicators
- A capacity of up to 12 cups
- An indicator to change the filter
- The programmed schedule is erased as soon as the device is unplugged
- The auto shut-off feature commences after just 2-hours
5. Ninja CE251
Ninja is a home appliance manufacturer that specializes in ovens, blenders, and coffee makers. The products are versatile, durable, and have a solid finish. The appliances are easy to clean and wash. The materials used in the manufacturing process are of the highest grade. The equipment is built and designed in the United States; however, it is assembled in China.
The Ninja CE251 programmable coffee brewer is made of plastic with stainless steel pots. The warming plate keeps the coffee hot and fresh, while the replaceable water reservoir holds up to 60 ounces of water, and a permanent filter is installed into the coffee maker. It can dispense 1-4 cups of coffee or a full pot, depending upon the demand.
- Easy to dismantle and wash
- A 24-hour programmable brewing function
- Multiple brewing options
- Secure carafe lid
- You can pause brewing to pour a cup of coffee
- The company does not offer a warranty
- Plenty of water is needed to wash the reservoir
- The machine lets out a lot of steam at the end of the brewing
6. Hamilton Beach Flexbrew Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach brand is a home appliance company based in the United States. It designs, markets, and distributes home and commercial kitchen equipment all across the US. The company primarily focuses on shipping products in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. The brand holds an excellent reputation and credibility as a home appliance producer. The products are manufactured in both the US and China, while the assembling takes place in the US at the industrial headquarters.
The Hamilton Beach Flexbrew coffee maker offers three ways of brewing. Options for brewing a single serving or a 12-cup brew of ground coffee are available. The material used in manufacturing is plastic, and the capacity of the coffee maker is 12 gallons. It is a programmable device with an auto shut-off feature after 2 hours of inactivity. The device provides customizable brew strength and has two water reservoirs with each brewing side.
- Dual brew option
- Separate brew baskets and pack holders
- Adjustable brew strength
- Auto-shutoff feature
- You can pause the brew cycle to pour a cup of coffee
- The gold-tone filter helps eliminate impurities
- The coffee maker can use both K-cups and coffee grounds
- It takes 5-6 minutes to brew
- The single-serving reservoir needs to be filled every time
7. Cuisinart DCC-3200 PerfecTemp 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Cuisinart began as a company inclined to bring an electric food processor into the market in 1973. The company progressed as a food appliance manufacturer in America with manufacturing units in China and France. The company also ships parts and accessories across American homes and commercial facilities.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 uses state-of-the-art and cutting-edge technology to ensure warmer cups of coffee while maintaining the divine nature of brewed coffee grounds. The manufacturing material is stainless steel. The glass carafe also has a stainless-steel handle. It is a 24-hour programmable device that serves 1-14 cups of coffee. The auto shut-off begins after 4 hours of initial brew. It uses old-tone commercial filters and a back-lit LCD.
- Feature to schedule 24 hours in advance
- Water windows to see water levels
- Gold-tone and charcoal filters
- Auto clean-off option
- various brew strengths
- LCD and light indicators to point out the different stages of brewing
- Compact and aesthetic design
- Difficult to pour water in the reservoir
- Generates huge clouds of steam
Buyers’ Guide — Choosing the Best Coffee Makers Under $100
To make an effective and significant deal, the buyer should keep some details in hindsight.
While buying a coffee maker online, one should look up the return policy to ensure a backup is available in case of a bad investment. Talk to the seller to clear any doubts before the purchase; it is a potent measure of a successful purchase.
Being able to schedule your coffee maker to brew in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee as soon as you wake up is a feature worth investing in.
Going for a coffee maker with an automatic switch-off timer can save one from unnecessary effort and stress. In addition, it is a great security function that makes sure you can leave the machine plugged in without worrying about it overheating.
Filters to Purify Water
The water we consume isn’t always free of impurities, which is why you should invest in a coffee maker with built-in filters that may remove ions and other harmful substances from the water.
Stainless steel is the best material for a coffee pot, no matter which coffee maker you end up choosing. Not only is it durable, but it also provides a beautiful look to your machine. Opting for a drip-free coffee maker can also spare you from the mess on the counters.
The flavor and taste of your coffee are determined mainly by the coffee maker you use. With our fast-paced lives, we need affordable coffee makers that can deliver outstanding coffee within a reasonable time slot. Thus, selecting a coffee maker to produce gratifying coffee for a kick-start morning and afternoons with invigorated spirits is almost a necessity. Consider the insights mentioned above on the functionality and components of coffee makers when shopping for an appropriate coffee maker.
There is a wide range of coffee makers available that can do the job of brewing. However, there are some rare models with added benefits. Smartly choosing a multipurpose coffee brewing machine for your home can prove beneficial in the long run.